METIS PNG Hexacopter
A bespoke design we developed nearly 3 years ago for the original METIS Papua New Guinea proof of concept phase for the airborne distribution of wireless geophones.
The system coped with temperatures of nearly 40C and 95-100% humidity for several weeks of operations in challenging primary jungle, in likely the most remote place on the planet.
- Hexacopter with 18″ Propellers
- 6kg Payload
- Dual redundant GNSS/RTK navigation
- 100m LiDAR laser rangefinder
- Robust, rugged and weather resistant design
- Operated in UK, France, UAE, Papua New Guinea & USA